Yo! (hello)

I was born in Victoria, BC on Vancouver Island. Shortly after we relocated to Campbell River, BC to be closer to my immediate family and have been here ever since. I am a member of the Campbell River Indian Band which connects me to the traditional territory of the Wei Wai Kum First Nations people in the area.

I’ve never wanted to live anywhere else. This is my homeland. Where the air is always fresh, the eagles soar nearby, and the people in our community are friendly, which is absolutely great!

I am enrolled in the Advanced Digital Design & Development Diploma program as a first-year student. This program is part of the digital design stream and I cannot wait to get started.

Art and design have always been my passion for as long as I can remember. I enjoy creating first nation inspired tattoo designs, designs for native drums, painting on canvas or print paper, and recently am trying to learn how to make digital designs and websites. I am self-taught and would love the opportunity to learn what the digital realm of art and design building is all about, and what it has to offer.

I hope to one day run my own design company so that I can publish and showcase upcoming youth artist’s in my community or other artists from up and down the coast of Vancouver Island in the years to come. I am looking forward to the website building, as that sets a huge first impression for anyone looking at your creations.

I plan to accomplish all I can while learning in the program to the best of my ability. After graduating I plan to move forward in my endeavors of being a designer and see where it takes me!